Skincare Benefits of Green Tea & Roselle
Posted on January 13 2020
For years, I suffered from dark circles, largely due to allergies & dry eyes. I felt like I was constantly rubbing my eyes & dealing with the aftermath of dreadful dark circles shortly thereafter. Once I gained control of my allergies & started to get serious about my external self-care regimen (including skincare), I began to research ingredients & sample different skincare products to see how my skin would react to them. I found that under-eye patches, used consistently, worked wonders for my dark circles (on top of consistent cleansing, toning, & moisturizing 😁)! Which is why I'm super excited to be able to personally rave about the main ingredients found in our new arrival, the "JayJun Green Tea / Roselle Hydrogel Eye Patch"!
Within 20-30 minutes, you experience nourished, firm, more even-toned & smoother skin! & here's the best part, it's not just for under the eye! You can use these patches anywhere on your face!
But let's talk about what's in them...
Roselle, widely & formally known as hibiscus, is known to be an "anti-aging powerhouse." It's also been referred to as the skin's "Botox" plant. Benefits include:
- It contains antioxidants, which help neutralize the effects of free radicals & diminish signs of sagging, lines, wrinkles, and dark spots.
- It's a natural source of alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs), which exfoliates, speeds up cell turnover, & controls oily skin to give you a firm, more even-looking skin tone.
Green tea is the more popular of the two ingredients, being extensively used in products ranging from food & drink to skincare. It has been a proven benefit to one's general health. In this case, the benefits include:
- It contains high levels of antioxidants that help to prevent various skin cancers.
- It contains catechins which reduce irritation, redness, & swelling.
- Shrinks the blood vessels that are around your eyes, treating puffy eyes & (ding ding ding) dark circles!
Includes 60 eye pads